
Now comes the exciting part of looking for a home.
I'm sad that we won't be able to stay in Argenta. There are a few reasons why we won't be able to: 1. There are some owners sitting on valuable property, but they aren't selling. I don't know what they are waiting for. It's so irritating to me. But, it probably has to do with... 2. Property values rising nearly every day. This leads to ... 3. Our inability to afford it if something came up. Boo to this! I've lived there since April 2001, so I'm a little bitter about the whole thing. Grrr. I guess it'll give me the opportunity to learn and love a new neighborhood. I have my eye on Park Hill. They've got old trees. Too, I love NLR. In the end, it will depend entirely on the house itself, so who knows where we will end up.
On a completely unrelated note, I'm happy to announce that my self-improvement plan is working out well. I felt a spring in my step when I woke up this morning, so I cheated and pulled out the scale (because you're only supposed to do it once a week) and was very pleased to learn that I reached my modest goal. I mean, I'm shocked because that was easy. So. Onward!
This evening, which looks like will be a cool, rainy one, we are going to Seth's folk's house for a small soup potluck. I will be making tortilla soup & KMHD will be making vegetable soup w/ pistou. (That's pesto, ya'll.) I'm hoping Seth will make his killer tom khaa. I think I'm going to bring my swimsuit despite the crap weather. A little rain-swimming never killed nobody, amirite? As long as there's no lightning?
My mum, that crazy broad, dumped a metric ton of cucumbers on our porch. KMHD picked up 1/2 last nite, but I still have too many. I'm going to attempt Japanese press pickles this afternoon. I mean, I have no choice. Pickling is the most logical thing to do with them all. I have thought of sneaking them into the grocery store to get rid of some, but I am not sly.
Here is my first batch of pickles ever. They were just o.k.

EXTRA PHOTOS ☟
My dad's house. It used to look cool & cute, but in it's current incarnation it is strange and unfamiliar to me. What is with the flag pole and weird signs that say NO TRESPASSING or PRIVATE PROPERTY? I didn't know the house was ever mistaken for public property, but whatevs.

My aunt's home:

Driving around Ft. Chaffee:

Bunny:
2 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS amd & atm! (I not so secretly hope you live near me.)
Al gave me some canning jars and an old pamphlet entitled "Food Preservation in Alabama." I can't wait to have my mind blown. And I hope my cucumber pickles turn out decent. Fingers crossed.
Thank you both! So far, we've had a big fight over the stress of home-hunting, so I'm hoping that the search ends sooner than later.
Grrrr!
Post a Comment